In the beginning of May, I was contacted by the Nuzest company to become an affiliate for their brand. I was immediately excited, because I had been using their cappuccino Clean Lean Protein for months and really loved it. So today, I am sharing my full rundown on all things Nuzest: products, recipes, reviews, referral link + a discount code!
But first, let’s talk a little more about this amazing company. Nuzest started just over 10 years ago, in 2005, and it continues to strive to be as nutritionally exceptional as possible, without sacrificing taste. Not only that, but Nuzest ensures that it products are responsibly sourced and minimally processed to ensure the best form of nutrition it can.
To me, it’s the best of both worlds. As a nutrition student, I am very much aware of the effects that all these food additives have on the human body. Most protein powders and other health supplements are laced with various gums, sweeteners and other stabilizer ingredients. The nutrition student in me, wants something as close to real food as possible. The vegan in me wants serious protein that doesn’t cause digestive issues, and that has a reliable amino acid panel. The Clean Lean Protein from Nuzest is this perfect combo. The other products that Nuzest offers; Quick Vita Kick, and Good Green Snack Bar, fill in all the gaps of even a balanced healthy diet. These are a great way to ensure that you get all your vitamins and minerals everyday. They’re quick and easy and live up to the quality of the the Clean Lean Protein.
- Smooth Vanilla
I have said this so many times on Instagram: I am not a vanilla protein person. BUT, the simplicity of the Nuzest vanilla protein has got me hooked. I love this in smoothies, yogurt, and my homemade buckwheat pancakes (recipe at the end of this post) to add a slight vanilla flavor, and that protein punch. The powder is not grainy nor does it have an ‘off’ aftertaste like so many other vegan proteins. This blends seamlessly into many different meals.
- Rich Chocolate
This flavor is similar to the vanilla, in that it is straightforward chocolate, rich and seamless. I love this in a blender bottle with water or almond milk straight after a workout. The powder is unlike anything I’ve ever used in a blender bottle. No graininess. It blends well with liquid and avoids clumping.
- Wild Strawberry
I was seriously hesitant to test this one out, because it always seems like berry flavored protein powders taste so fake. Yet, this has a great strawberry flavor that is reminiscent of a strawberry and cream shake. I love this in berry smoothies to boost protein and add to that berry flavor.
- Creamy Cappuccino/Real Coffee
This was the first flavor I ever tried from Nuzest, and ultimately what made me fall in love with the company and products. I absolutely love this in oatmeal with banana and cinnamon. It’s simple, yet decadent and filling! This also blends very nicely into coffee and other steamed beverages. I love it blended with a Rebbl tonic to make a little adaptogenic protein elixir (recipe at the end of this post).
- Cacao Mint
I was expecting a distinct and displeasing grassy flavor with this product, as I have experienced this with numerous other vitamin powder supplements. But that wasn’t the case with this Nuzest. It has a refreshing mint flavor coupled with cacao as well. This was good mixed with just cool water, and would be even better in a smoothie mixed up with some bananas and coconut! Another great way to enjoy your Quick Vita Kick is a minty hot chocolate (recipe below).
Like the greens powder, I was expecting the green snack bar to have a grassy taste, but that certainly wasn’t the case. It was sweet with some nuts for crunch, and a micronutrient that would bring my Advanced Nutrition teacher to tears. This stuff is really a great option for yummy and quick vitamins. It’s got the broad spectrum of your essential vitamins and minerals, making this perfect for travel or just when your nutrition needs a boost!
Referral Link & Discount Code
So you wanna get your hands on this ASAP right? Well good news; follow this link and use the code ‘jenbenna‘ at checkout to receive a 15% off discount on your entire purchase! Other great ways to save:
- Try the sample pack to try out different flavors without a commitment to a huge tub
- Sign up for the Nuzest newsletter and receive a discount for free shipping
- Enter the monthly Nuzest giveaway to win a huge package of various product (this happens every month, with different prizes so check it out!)
Vanilla Buckwheat Pancakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (I love Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1-2 scoops of Nuzest vanilla Clean Lean Protein (depending on how much vanilla flavor you’d like)
- ~1 1/4 cup water or almond milk (or enough to get to your desired texture)
- coconut oil (spray works too) for cooking
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a pyrex glass measuring cup.
- Add water/almond milk until desired texture is achieved (thickish-thin and creamy).
- Warm a frying pan over medium low heat and spray or add a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Pour pancake batter into small or large circles and cook until they firm up on the bottom. Because buckwheat flour is so dark, you will have to check for firmness rather than color.
- Flip pancakes when the bottom is firm, and cook for a couple minutes on the other side.
- Perfectly served with fresh berries, no syrup required!
Adaptogenic Protein Elixir
- 1/2 Rebbl reishi chocolate drink (maca mocha works well too)
- 1/2 cup steamed filtered water
- splash of vanilla almond milk (I love Califia farms)
- 1 scoop of Nuzest creamy cappuccino
- Throw everything in a blender and froth it up.
- Pour into a reusable to-go cup like the Healthy Human cruiser, or a mason jar!
FVP (fruit, veg + protein) Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 6-7 frozen strawberries
- 4-6 frozen peach slices
- small handful of organic spinach (I love Organic Girl super spinach!)
- 1/4 tsp maca powder (I use Navitas Naturals)
- 1 scoop Nuzest strawberry Clean Lean Protein
- splash of almond milk
- Layer soft, unfrozen things closest to the blender blades, followed by powders, frozen items and liquid.
- Blend it up to the perfect thick consistency.
Minty QVK Hot Chocolate
- 8 oz water
- 1/2 scoop Nuzest Quick Vita Kick in Cacao Mint
- 2 pinches of coconut sugar
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cacao powder (optional)
- splash of almond milk
- Warm up the water in a saucepan over high heat until it’s very close to boiling. Alternatively, warm water in an electric kettle.
- Stir in the Quick Vita Kick, coconut sugar, and extra cacao if you’re using it.
- Transfer to a mug or glass and add some almond milk. Enjoy!